|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Winebarger Wins Race of Champions, King Victorious In Dwarf Cars|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Saturday Jul 27th, 2019 07:02 PM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Winebarger Wins Race of Champions, King Victorious In Dwarf Cars
The first night of the 20th Annual Shipwreck Beads Northwest Modified Nationals took to the 3/8 banked clay oval with 42 dirt modifieds in action. Also on hand were the PHRA Dwarf Cars for the Dwarf Car Challenge
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds
The night started off with two sets of heat races, with a total of ten, the points from both lines up the feature events for Saturday. The first set of heat races saw Albany, Ore's Matthew Drager pick up the win over Robert Jenner of Vancouver. Klamath Falls, Ore driver and multiple time Modified Nationals winner Nick Trenchard won heat two over David Wolfard of Bremerton. Collen Winebarger of Corbett, Ore picked up a heat race win over Shelton's Devan West. Medford, Ore's Albert Gill was a heat race winner over Jeremy Martin of Warren, Ore, and Hoquiam's Zack Simpson picked up a heat race win over Dan West Jr of Shelton. The second set of heat races saw Olympia driver Tyson Blood pick up a win of Jeremy Richey of Medford, Ore. Trenchard picked up another heat race win over Redmond, Ore's BJ Wild. Winebarger also added a second heat race win to his evening over Campbell River, BC driver Lane Zerbin. Aaron Sheelar of Cottage Grove, Ore picked up a heat race win over Battle Ground's Nick Bessette. The final heat race of the evening went to Brad Martin of St. Helens, Ore over Redmond, Ore driver Mark Carrell.
After the heat races, a 25 lap Race of Champions event saw Campbell River, BC's Chris Beaulieu lead early, taking the top spot at the start from Tiana Wild of Colville. Winebarger quickly moved into second with Seabeck's Kyler Moore running third. Winebarger wasted no time working his way past Beaulieu on lap 3. Wild and Shelton driver Scott Miller battled for the fourth position for a handful of laps, before Miller worked his way into fourth. Winebarger continued his successful evening by slowly pulling away from Beaulieu and Moore. Wild saw problems as she spun in turn two, collecting a handful of cars bringing out the caution on lap 9. Winebarger led the field to the green flag, as second through fourth raced hard for position making it three wide. Beaulieu continued to sit in second, Moore third, and Warren, Ore driver Jeremy Martin sat in fourth. Winebarger went on to win the Race of Champions over Moore, Beaulieu, Jeremy Martin, and John Campos of Salem, Ore.
PHRA Dwarf Cars
The 25 lap PHRA Dwarf Car feature saw Chris Kress take the early lead at the start, but second place Cody Peters of Eagle Point, Ore took over the top spot. Kress moved back to second, as he battled with Gary Wegener of Kalama. Josh King of Red Bluff, Ca worked his way from the middle grove into the top three, and into second looking to track down Cody Peters for the lead. Shane Youngren of Tigard, Ore worked his way into the top five, and seemed to follow the same line King was, working his way into the top three. King looked to the low side in turn two, and took the lead from Peters in turn one and two. Youngren also worked his way into second a lap later. A scary incident in turn one brought out the red flag as Erin Morgenstern of Roseburg, Ore car caught fire after contact by another car. Morgenstern did exit the car, and walked to the ambulance under her own power and is ok. Youngren looked to make a run at King for the lead on the restart as John Chrisman of Hillsboro, Ore looked to make a move for second. Youngren did get the spot back as the yellow came out for Cody Peters spinning in turn four. On the restart Chrisman again looked low and momentarily took second before Youngren took the runner up spot back. King slowly pulled away from the rest of the field and went on to pick up the win over Youngren, Chrisman, Kress, and Brian Lee of Campbell River, BC. Heat race winners were Chrisman, Mollala, Ore's Henry Corbin II, King, and Henry Corbin III from Mollala, Ore.
Racing resumes tonight at Grays Harbor Raceway for Night 2 of the 20th Annual Shipwreck Beads Northwest Modified Nationals and the PHRA Dwarf Cars back for the Dwarf Car Challenge. Gates open at 5:30PM with racing at 7PM.
Grays Harbor Raceway
20th Annual Shipwreck Beads Northwest Modified Nationals
July 26, 2019
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds
1. 21A Matthew Drager, 2. 5R Robert Jenner, 3. 11s Tom Sweatman, 4. M51 Craig Moore, 5. 15J Jeremy Richey, 6. 97 Tyson Blood, 7. 68 Bubba Foster, 8. 34T Jason Tole, 9. 45 Tiana Wild
1. 54N Nick Trenchard, 2. 58 David Wolfard, 3. 12W BJ Wild, 4. 14K Kyler Moore, 5. 41 Tim Phillips, 6. 10XX Dan Buttenschoen, 7. 42 Kevin Hanson, 8. 7F Sean FOx, 9. 91 Chris Beaulieu
1. S Collen Winebarger, 2. 5W Devan West, 3. 75C Graham Cook, 4. 26 Scott Miller, 5. 7K Kevin Smith, 6. 87 Tyler Walker, 7. 6X Don Jenner, 8. 81 Lane Zerbin
1. 89 Albert Gill, 2. 99 Jeremy Martin, 3. 44B Nick Bessette, 4. 45s Aaron Sheelar, 5. 6M Matt Jenner, 6. 28 Brian Harding, 7. 714 Zach Fuller, 8. 82M James Anderson
1. 12 Zack Simpson, 2. 1W Dan West Jr, 3. 27 Mark Carrell, 4. 19 Brad Martin, 5. 27EH Lawrence O'Connor, 6. 87K Brenton Schnitzer, 7. 25M Brent Morris, 8. 36 John Campos
1. Blood, 2. Richey, 3. Robert Jenner, 4. Tole, 5. Craig Moore, 6. Drager, 7. Foster, 8 Sweatman, 9. Tiana Wild
1. Trenchard, 2. BJ Wild, 3. Kyler Moore, 4. Beaulieu, 5. Fox, 6. Wolfard, 7. Buttenschoen, 8. Phillips, 9. Hanson
1. Winebarger, 2. Zerbin, 3. Smith, 4. Devan West, 5. Miller, 6. Cook, 7. Don Jenner, 8. Walker
1. Sheelar, 2. Bessette, 3. Gill, 4. Harding, 5. Jeremy Martin, 6. Fuller, 7. Anderson, 8. Matt Jenner
1. Brad Martin, 2. Carrell, 3. Campos, 4. Simpson, 5. O'Connor, 6. Schnitzer, 7. Dan West Jr, 8. Morris
Race of Champions:
1. Winebarger, 2. Kyler Moore, 3. Beaulieu, 4. Jeremy Martin, 5. Campos, 6. BJ Wild, 7. Miller, 8. O'Connor, 9. Carrell, 10. Trenchard, 11. Zerbin, 12. Sweatman, 13. Cook, 14. Craig Moore, 15. Richey, 16. Simpson, 17. Gill, 18. Smith, 19. Tiana Wild
PHRA Dwarf Cars:
1. 88s John Chrisman, 2. 24K Justin DeMars, 3. 30s Cody Peters, 4. 63 Jess Turner Sr.
1. 90Z Henry Corbin II, 2. 5W Brian Taylor, 3. 8 Kelly Martin, 4. 2s Brock Peters
1. 09s Josh King, 2. 74K Leo Ward, 3. 6 Chris Kress, 4. 98 Erin Morgenstern, 5. 3K Jim Fischer
1. 89Z Henry Corbin III, 2. 18 Shane Youngren, 3. 5 Gary Wagener, 4. 22 Casey Warren
1. King, 2. Youngren, 3. Chrisman, 4. Kress, 5. Lee, 6. DeMars, 7. Brock Peters, 8. Corbin III, 9. Turner Sr. 10. Cody Peters, 11. Wagener, 12. Warren, 13. Fischer, 14. Corbin II, 15. Taylor, 16. Ward, 17. Morgenstern, 18. Wade
|Current time is 04:55 PM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Winebarger Wins Race of Champions, King Victorious In Dwarf Cars||Top|