|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Winebarger Wins First Modified Nationals, Martinez Victorious in Dwarf Cars|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Monday Jul 29th, 2019 05:55 AM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Winebarger Wins First Modified Nationals, Martinez Victorious in Dwarf Cars
The final night of the 20th Annual Shipwreck Beads Northwest Modified Nationals and PHRA Dwarf Car Challenge saw a great field in both divisions. The sun was shining bright and temperatures were in the low 80's.
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds
Battle Ground driver Nick Bessette and Zack Simpson of Hoquiam set the front row of the 40 lap Shipwreck Beads Northwest Modified Nationals feature event. Bessette took the early lead. Simpson ran in the second spot, with Klamath Falls, Ore driver Nick Trenchard in third. Vancouver's Robert Jenner raced hard for the fourth position with Brad Martin of St. Helens, Ore. Race of Champions winner Collen Winebarger of Corbett, Ore worked his way around Martin, and set his sights on Jenner for the fourth position. Bessette continued to lead as Trenchard looked low in turn one for second. Bessette used the low side of the 3/8 banked clay oval to his advantage keeping Trenchard behind him. Trenchard looked to the high side and gained momentum in turn one. The battle for third between Winebarger and Simpson was the race to watch as Winebarger raced side by side down the backstretch, taking third and looking for Bessette and Trenchard. Winebarger raced side by side with Trenchard down the backstretch looking to work his way into second but couldn't make the pass. Bessette, Trenchard and Winebarger were bumper to bumper for a handful of laps. Bessette saw a pass from Trenchard down the backstretch on lap 13 to take the lead. Winebarger saw an advantage to move into second out of turn four.
Two of the top drivers of the weekend were set to duel it out for the remaining laps as Trenchard saw lap traffic up ahead. Trenchard ran the high side, Winebarger low in turn one and two, as WInebarger saw his chance with a pass on the low side. Trenchard seemed to have a slight mechanical issue, but continued on looking to catch up with Winebarger. Lap traffic became heavy for Winebarger as he timed his passes just right putting some distance between himself and Trenchard. Winebarger continued to work his way through the traffic and went on to pick up a caution free main event and his first Shipwreck Beads Northwest Modified Nationals. Trenchard, Bessette, Jenner, and Simpson rounded out the top five. Earlier in the evening Vancouver's Matt Jenner won the C-Main and Salem, Ore driver John Campos won the B-Main.
PHRA Dwarf Cars
20 cars set the field in the 25 lap PHRA Dwarf Car feature event. Casey Warren of Yamhill, Ore took the early lead but the caution flag flew for Chris Kress of Roseburg, Ore slowing to a stop in turn three. On the restart Warren took the lead. Happy Valley, Ore driver Leo Ward moved into second momentarily. John Chrisman of Hillsboro, Ore went from first to third in one corner taking over the lead from Warren. The battle for second was one of the many races to watch as Cody Peters of Eagle Point, Ore and Ward battled for position. Chrisman continued to lead, slowly pulling away from the field. Friday night's winner Josh King saw problems in turn one bringing out the caution on lap 3. Chrisman, Ward, and Peters continued to run the top three positions as Portland, Ore's Ryan Martinez moved into fourth from the back of the field. A late race caution for Ryen Haney of Elma gave Ward and Peters a shot at the lead. Peters moved into the second spot and raced three wide with Chrisman and Ward for the lead but was shuffled back to sixth as Martinez and Mollala, Ore's Henry Corbin III joined in on the battle. Martinez worked his way past Ward for second and looked to track down Chrisman for the lead. Martinez continued to gain on Chrisman and looked to the low side in turn four taking the lead. Chrisman looked to try and make a pass back but Martinez continued to lead. Martinez picked up the win over Chrisman, Justin DeMars of Sandy, Ore, Ward, and Tigard, Ore's Shane Youngren. Brock Peter of Eagle Point, Ore, Chrisman and Youngren were heat race winners earlier in the evening.
Action will resume at Grays Harbor Raceway this Saturday and Sunday as Monster Slam 19 featuring Monster Trucks will be in action on the 3/8 banked clay oval. Rockstar, Identitiy Theft, California Kid and more will be in action with high flying jumps, and car crushing freestyle action. Also on hand will be monster truck ride trucks giving rides for $10, and a FREE meet & great pit party with the admission of your ticket. Saturday the pit party starts at 6PM with monster truck action at 7PM and Sunday the pit party begins at 1PM and the show at 2PM. For more information check out http://www.graysharborraceway.com
Grays Harbor Raceway
20th Annual Shipwreck Beads Northwest Modified Nationals
July 27, 2019
PHRA Dwarf Cars
1. 2s Brock Peters, 2. 09s Josh King, 3. 22 Casey Warren, 4. 90Z Henry Corbin II, 5. 5W Brian Taylor, 6. 27 Jesse Cook
1. 88s John Chrisman, 2. 6 Chris Kress, 3. 9K Ryan Martinez, 4. 74K Leo Ward, 5. 5K Gary Wegener, 6. 3K Jim Fischer
1. 18 Shane Youngren, 2. 30s Cody Peters, 3. 24K Justin DeMars, 4. 89Z Henry Corbin III, 5. 63 Jess Turner Sr, 6. 8 Ryen Haney
1. Martinez, 2. Chrisman, 3. DeMars, 4. Ward, 5. Youngren, 6. Cody Peters, 7. Corbin III, 8. Kress, 9. Lee, 10. Brock Peters, 11. Turner Sr., 12. Warren, 13. Wegener, 14. Corbin II, 15. Fischer, 16. Taylor, 17. Haney, 18. King.
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds
1. 6M Matt Jenner, 2. 6X Don Jenner, 3. 81 Lane Zerbin, 4. 7 Sean Fox, 5. 87 Tyler Walker, 6. 714 Zach Fuller, 7. 45 Tiana Wild, 8. 82M James Anderson, 9. 42 Kevin Hanson, 10. 9X Morgan Criswell, 11. 10XX Dan Buttenschoen
1. 36 John Campos, 2. 75C Graham Cook, 3. M51 Craig Moore, 4. 27EH Lawrence O'Connor, 5. 7K Kevin Smith, 6. 91 Chris Beaulieu, 7. Zerbin, 8. 11s Tom Sweatman, 9. 87K Brenton Schnitzer, 10. 26 Scott Miller, 11. Matt Janner, 12. Don Jenner, 13. 28 Brian Harding, 14. 34T Jason Tole, 15. Fox, 16. 41 Tim Phillips, 17. 1W Dan West Jr., 18. 58 David Wolfard
1. S Collen Winebarger, 2. 54N Nick Trenchard, 3. 44B Nick Bessette, 4. 5R Robert Jenner, 5. 12 Zack Simpson, 6. 27 Mark Carrell, 7. 12W BJ Wild, 8. 19 Brad Martin, 9. 5W Devan West, 10. 21A Matthew Drager, 11. 14K Kyler Moore, 12. 15J Jeremy Richey, 13. Campos, 14. 97 Tyson Blood, 15. Beaulieu, 16. West Jr, 17. O'Connor, 18. 89C Albert Gill, 19. 99 Jeremy Martin, 20. Cook, 21. Craig Moore, 22. Smith, 23. Wolfard, 24. 45s Aaron Sheelar
|Current time is 11:16 AM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Winebarger Wins First Modified Nationals, Martinez Victorious in Dwarf Cars||Top|