|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Borden, Miller, Simpson, and Sundstrom Mid Season Championship Winners|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Monday Jul 8th, 2019 02:36 AM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Borden, Miller, Simpson, and Sundstrom Mid Season Championship Winners
A huge crowd was on hand for Mid Season Championship presented by Q-Mart, and Fan Appreciation night. The 360 Sprint Cars, Shipwreck Beads Modifieds, Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks and Outlaw Tuners were in action on the 3/8 banked clay oval. Before the evening's racing. Fans were allowed onto the track to meet their favorite driver, and get up close to the race cars as they were parked on the front stretch.
The racing action started off with the 15 lap Outlaw Tuner feature event. Tyler Sundstrom of Hoquiam took the early lead, with Zachary Stallsmith of Olympia running second. Sundstrom wasted no time getting out front as Stallsmith saw Maynard Barnum of Raymond right on his back bumper. Sundstrom hit lap traffic early, wasting no time to stay up front with close to a straight away lead on Stallsmith and Barnum. Tacoma's Trevor Dugent ran in fourth. Lap 9 saw trouble for Stallsmith after he made contact with the turn four wall, bringing out the caution. Sundstrom looked strong, picking up the win over Zach Dalrymple of Olympia, Barnum, Josh Walker and Del Tucker Jr of Silverdale. Sundstrom also won the scramble earlier in the evening.
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
Scott Fritts of Montesano led the field to the green flag in the 20 lap Cut Rate Auto Parts feature. Aberdeen's Matt White ran in second, and Zack Simpson of Aberdeen battled with Belfair driver Rodger Perry for third. Simpson moved into second getting by White in turn three, as Aberdeen's Austin Kerrigan moved into fourth. A three car battle between Kerrigan, Elma driver Ryen Haney and Jack Parshall of Hoquiam for the fourth position was one of the many races to watch. Just as that battle was brewing, Zack Simpson made a look to the lead on lap 5. Fritts stayed right there racing side by side for a lap until Fritts made contact with a lap car, shuffling things up. Kerrigan and White battled for second, after Fritts was moved out of the top five. Simpson extended his lead until late in the race, where he saw trouble out of turn two, allowing Kerrigan to reach the back bumper of Simpson. Kerrigan made a last lap attempt at taking the lead off of turn four coming to the checkered flag but Simpson held on, and Kerrigan spun to a stop. White, Parshall, Kerrigan and Haney rounded out the top five. Fritts picked up the scramble earlier in the evening.
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds
Seabeck's Kyler Moore and Scott Miller of Shelton set the front row of the 25 lap Shipwreck Beads Modifieds feature. Miller took the early lead with Moore side by side for the opening lap. Tom Sweatman of Cosmopolis sat in third, and wasted no time looking to make a move for the lead, making it a three car battle. The top four of Miller, Moore, Sweatman and Tyson Blood of Olympia made for an exciting main to watch, as they were within striking distance of the lead. Lap 7 Moore made a move to the low side and raced side by side with Miller but couldn't take over the top spot. Turn one seemed to be the spot to make a move as both Moore and Sweatman looked to make a bid for the lead. Late in the feature a multiple car incident brought out the caution, allowing Moore, Sweatman and Blood a shot at the lead. On the restart Sweatman took the top spot as Brenton Schnitzer of Shelton battled with Moore for third. Sweatman saw Miller make a move for the lead, taking the top spot out of turn four, as Sweatman had an apparent flat tire. Miller went on to pick up the win over Schnitzer, Moore, Blood and Aberdeen's Zack Simpson. Moore would win the scramble earlier in the evening.
360 Sprint Cars
Jay Cole of Shelton and Raymond's Devon Borden raced side by side to the green flag in the 25 lap 360 Sprint Car feature. Borden took the top spot, and never looked back until the caution flag flew on lap 2 for Corbyn Fauver of Everett spinning to a stop in turn two. On the restart Borden was like a rocket, and quickly pulled away from the rest of the field, as the battle to watch was for the fourth position between Fauver and Portland, Ore's Duke Johnson was the race to watch. A long green flag run saw Borden work the high side of the raceway having close to a straight away lead on Cole. Late in the feature the battle for third was the race to watch between Fauver, and Lance Sargent of Spanaway. Fauver looked to the high side and took the third position. Borden picked up the win over Cole, Fauver, Sargent and Yakima's John Keller. Cole won the scramble earlier in the evening.
Racing will resume next Saturday night with the Wingless Sprint Series, Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks, and Outlaw Tuners. Gates will open at 5:30PM with racing at 7PM.
Grays Harbor Raceway
July 6, 2019
1. 23 Tyler Sundstrom, 2. 60 Zachary Stallsmith, 3. 323 Marlina Sheats
1. 23 Tyler Sundstrom, 2. 0 Zack Dalrymple, 3. 2 Maynard Barnum, 4. 7 Josh Walker, 5. 99 Del Tucker Jr, 6. 555 Trevor Dugent, 7. 75X Robert Lokosek, 8. 69 Timmy Phillips, 9. 88 Nik Sheats, 10. 323 Marlina Sheats, 11. 60 Zachary Stallsmith, 12. 30 Ryker Walker, 13. 162 Cory Lash
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks:
1. 42 Scott Fritts, 2. 23B Matt White, 3. 12 Zack Simpson, 4. 97 Rodger Perry
1. 12 Zack Simpson, 2. 23B Matt White, 3. 9 Jack Parshall, 4. AK47 Austin Kerrigan, 5. 67 Ryen Haney, 6. 42 Scott Fritts, 7. 97 Rodger Perry, 8. 4 Scott Semanko, 9. 61 Dave Larson, 10. 914 Tanner Bridges, 11. 75 Jared Stevens, 12. 13 Randy Willis, 13. 32m Avery Miller, 14. 55 Samantha Stevens, 15. 33 Pete Tice Jr
360 Sprint Cars:
1. 0J Jay Cole, 2. 8 Devon Borden, 3. 33s Lance Sargent, 4. F1 Corbyn Fauver, 5. 23 Michael Millard, 6. 66 John Keller
1. 8 Devon Borden, 2. 0J Jay Cole, 3. F1 Corbyn Fauver, 4. 33s Lance Sargent, 5. 66 John Keller, 6. 151 Duke Johnson, 7. 23 Michael Millard
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds:
1. 14K Kyler Moore, 2. 26 Scott Miller, 3. 1W Dan West Jr, 4. 97 Tyson Blood, 5. 11s Tom Sweatman, 6. 58 David Wolfard
1. 26 Scott Miller, 2. 87K Brenton Schnitzer, 3. 14K Kyler Moore, 4. 97 Tyson Blood, 5. 12 Zack Simpson, 6. 58 David Wolfard, 7. 1W Dan West Jr, 8. 41 Tim Phillips, 9. 11s Tom Sweatman, 10. 34 Jason Tole, 11. 714 Zach Fuller, 12. 8 Steve Bulpitt, 13. 43K Shane Kerrigan, 14. 42 Kevin Hanson, 15. 5W Devan West, 16. 81 Lane Zerbin, 17. 75C Casey Smith, 18. 87 Tyler Walker, 19. 28 Brian Harding
|Current time is 11:33 AM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Borden, Miller, Simpson, and Sundstrom Mid Season Championship Winners||Top|