|Moderated by: Rick Terry, Kelly Hart, Kaleb, Fletch||
|Kerrigan Wins Iron Man 50 Lap Race, West Jr and Briggs Jr Victorious|| Rate Topic
|Posted: Monday Aug 12th, 2019 05:09 AM||
Aarons Racing Videos
|Kerrigan Wins Iron Man 50 Lap Race, West Jr and Briggs Jr Victorious
Saturday afternoon saw the 3/8 banked clay oval of Grays Harbor Raceway roar to life during the Grays Harbor County Fair, as the Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks had their biggest race of the year with the 50 lap Iron Man Race featuring the Road to the Iron Giant Street Stocks Series. This special event was also in memory of Jeff Daniel, a fellow competitor and friend to many in the Street Stocks division.
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks
The 50 lap Iron Man feature event saw Cory Sweatman of Aberdeen take the early lead. It didn't take long for Kelly McDonald of Cottage Grove, Ore to work his way to the front. The first caution of the feature saw Shelton's Jared Stevens come to a stop in turn one. On the restart, McDonald took the lead, Sweatman and Cornelius, Ore's Joey Tardio made contact on the front stretch. Both drivers continued on with Tardio moving into second. Sweatman had tough company as Mollala, Ore driver Jeff Marson, and a pair of Hoquiam drivers Jack Parshall and Jason Tole were looking to take over third. Marson moved into third, looking to chase down McDonald and Tardio. Chris West of Woodland worked his way into the top five, looking to get around Marson for third on a long green flag run. McDonald had tough company late in the race as Austin Kerrigan of Aberdeen worked his way into second, and set his sights for the lead. McDonald saw mechanical issues giving up the lead to Kerrigan. Justin Evans of Lebanon, Ore moved into the second spot, looking to take the top spot.
The battle for third between West and Montesano's Scott Fritts was one of many battles to watch. Fritts looked to the low side, but couldn't make the pass. Lap 40 saw Kerrigan go to the pit area to change a tire, giving up the lead to Evans. On the final restart, Evans led the field to the green flag, with West and Sean Cronk of Portland, Ore in the top three. Kerrigan worked his way back through the field and quickly caught up with Evans. Kerrigan took the lead from Evans with just a few laps left and picked up the feature win. Evans, West, Cronk, and Fritts rounded out the top five. Heat race winners were Portland, Ore's Brian Cronk, Jeff Marson, Kerrigan, and Parshall. Kerrigan won the dash, and Mollala, Ore driver Keith Marson won the B-Main.
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds
Scott Miller of Shelton took the early lead in the 25 lap Modified feature event. Seabeck's Kyler Moore ran second, and Shelton driver Dan West Jr was third. The battle for the fourth position saw BJ Wild of Redmond, Ore, Olympia driver Tyson Blood, and Brenton Schnitzer of Shelton battle for position. Wild maintained the position. Blood looked to the outside a handful of times, as both Wild and Blood joined in on the battle between Moore and West Jr for second. Miller continued to lead but had no room for mistake as the race way became tricky with the new surface recently added. On a restart midway through the feature, Tom Sweatman of Cosmopolis worked his way into the top five. Miller pulled away slightly from Moore as West Jr looked to make a move for second. Sweatman running the low side of the race way worked his way into second in a handful of laps and stayed close with Miller. Contract with a tire on the inside of the track saw Miller's night end early, giving up the lead to Sweatman. A late race restart allowed West Jr to move into second. West Jr looked to the low side a handful of times for the lead. On the white flag lap, Sweatman and West Jr raced side by side down the back stretch and it was West Jr who made the move in turn four to take the lead and pick up the win. Sweatman, Moore, BJ Wild, and Blood rounded out the top five. Heat race winners were Blood and West Jr.
Woodland's Don Briggs Jr took the early lead in the Outlaw Tuner feature, as he raced side by side into turn one with Tyler Sundstrom of Hoquiam. The yellow flag quickly flew for Cory Sweatman of Aberdeen as he stopped in turn one. Briggs Jr ran the high side early as Olympia's Nathan Foster moved into second. Raymond driver Maynard Barnum looked to the low side to take the second spot from Foster, but couldn't make the pass. Foster saw trouble going into turn one, almost making contact with the wall, losing many positions. On a mid race restart, Barnum took the lead from Briggs Jr, as the third position saw multiple cars battle. Contact between Josh Walker of Centralia, and Zachary Stallsmith of Olympia, saw Stallsmith spin into the front stretch wall. Stallsmith was ok and both drivers night ended early. Barnum continued to lead on the restart. Briggs Jr stayed within striking distance as Timmy Phillips of Spanaway moved into third. Briggs Jr looked to the low side in turn two and took the lead on lap 12. Briggs Jr went on to pick up the win over Barnum, Sundstrom, Phillips, and Foster. Heat race winners were Sweatman and Foster.
Racing will resume next Friday and Saturday night as Friday will see the Dwarf Cars, and ISCS Limited Sprint Cars, as it's the final two nights of Speedweek for both divisions. Friday night will also see the Outlaw Tuners. Saturday night, will see the finale for the Dwarf Cars and ISCS Limited Sprint Cars Speedweek, and the yearly appearance of the Rolling Thunder Big Rigs. Gates will open at 5:30 and racing at 7PM both nights. For ticket prices check out http://www.graysharborraceway.com
Grays Harbor Raceway
August 10, 2019
1. 1s Cory Sweatman, 2. 2 Maynard Barnum, 3. 23 Tyler Sundstrom, 4. 60 Zachary Stallsmith, 5. 7 Josh Walker, 6. 75X Robert Lokosek, 7. 44 Blake Turpin, 8. 162 Cory Lash
1. 63 Nathan Foster, 2. 99 Del Tucker Jr., 3. 713 Don Briggs Jr, 4. 0 Zach Dalrymple, 5. 69 Timmy Phillips, 6. 3 Max Sanford, 7. 323 Marlina Sheats
1. Briggs Jr, 2. Barnum, 3. Sundstrom, 4. Phillips, 5. Foster, 6. Tucker Jr, 7. Dalrymple, 8. Sanford, 9. Turpin, 10. Lokosek, 11. Sheats, 12. Stallsmith, 13. Walker
Shipwreck Beads Modifieds:
1. 97 Tyson Blood, 2. 26 Scott Miller, 3. 12 BJ Wild, 4. 98D Dan Sheller, 5. 28 Brian Harding, 6. 45 Tiana Wild, 7. 58 David Wolfard, 8. 23R Ron Comfort, 9. 11s Tom Sweatman, 10. 5W Devan West
1. 1W Dan West Jr, 2. 14K Kyler Moore, 3. 87K Brenton Schnitzer, 4. 41 Tim Phillips, 5. 31 Don Martin, 6. 714 Zach Fuller, 7. 8 Steve Bulpitt, 8. 42 Kevin Hanson, 9. 22 John Song
1. West Jr, 2. Sweatman, 3. Moore, 4. BJ Wild, 5. Blood, 6. Wolfard, 7. Harding, 8. Tiana Wild, 9. Fuller, 10. Bulpitt, 11. Sheller, 12. Song, 13. Miller, 14. Schnitzer, 15. Hanson, 16. Phillips, 17. Martin, 18. West
Cut Rate Auto Parts Street Stocks:
1. 129 Brian Cronk, 2. 42 Scott Fritts, 3. 08 Chase Berkeley, 4. 04 Joey Tardio, 5. 06 Mikee Long, 6. 75 Jared Stevens, 7. 23B Matt White, 8. 77 Bob Smith, 9. 02 Rod Lowe, 10. 13 Terry King
1. 31B Jeff Marson, 2. 34 Jason Tole, 3. 7W Chris West, 4. 13Y Jesse Yankee, 5. 53 Eric Jarnport, 6. 96 Chris Sine, 7. 914 Tanner Bridges, 8. 66 LaRee McDonald, 9. 83 Doug Scott
1. AK47 Austin Kerrigan, 2. 29L David Cronk, 3. 12 Zack Simpson, 4. 99 Justin Evans, 5. 88 Kevin Roberts, 6. 714 Keith Marson, 7. 55 Samantha Stevens, 8. 2G Brad Gentry, 9. 11 Daryl Brumfield, 10. 36 Jody Tanner
1. 9 Jack Parshall, 2. 74 Kelly McDonald, 3. 00 Sean Cronk, 4. 1s Cory Sweatman, 5. 98 Josh Sheller, 6. 53L Bernie Lujan, 7. 61 Dave Larson, 8. 32M Avery Miller, 9. 97 Rodger Perry, 10. 4 Scott Semanko
1. Kerrigan, 2. Brian Cronk, 3. Fritts, 4. McDonald, 5. Parshall, 6. Tole
1. Keith Marson, 2. Jarnport, 3. Sheller, 4. Gentry, 5. Sine, 6. Roberts, 7. White, 8. Jared Stevens, 9. Tanner, 10. LaRee McDonald, 11. Bridges, 12. Samantha Stevens, 13. Larson, 14. Miller, 15. Lowe, 16. Long, 17. Smith, 18. Scott
1. Kerrigan, 2. Evans, 3. West, 4. Sean Cronk, 5. Fritts, 6. Jarnport, 7. Jared Stevens, 8. Simpson, 9. White, 10. David Cronk, 11. Berkeley, 12. Tole, 13. Kelly McDonald, 14. Parshall, 15. Sine, 16. West, 17. Roberts, 18. LaRee McDonald, 19. Yankee, 20. Tanner, 21. Jeff Marson, 22. Sweatman, 23. Brian Cronk, 24. Gentry, 25. Sheller
|Current time is 05:26 PM|
|NWRaceChat > RACETALK > Grays Harbor Raceway > Kerrigan Wins Iron Man 50 Lap Race, West Jr and Briggs Jr Victorious||Top|